Your favorite comfort food, now in bite-size!
Mac and Cheese is one of the best comfort foods out there. The homemade goodness truly is special. You rarely find someone who doesn’t like it- kids included. Your picky eaters gobble this stuff up by the bowl full.
One of the best parts of homemade mac and cheese is the crispy edges and top. It adds just the right amount of crunch. So why not turn them into mini bite size pieces to make each bite that piece of heaven!
These mac & cheese bites are the perfect finger food or appetizer for Thanksgiving! Adults and kids alike go crazy for them. If you are looking for a people pleasing recipe and/or appetizer, this recipe is fantastic!
-Recipe courtesy of Chef In Training
The flavor is delish & they are cooked to perfection!
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to packaged directions and set aside.
- In a medium size pan combine butter and flour over medium heat. Whisk until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Slowly add milk and bring to a simmer. Add 1½ cups of the cheese, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, carefully stir pasta, cheese sauce, and egg until evenly mixed and pasta is evenly coated.
- Spoon mac and cheese into mini muffin tins and top each with a small pinch of remaining cheese. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before gently removing the bites.